The weekend before last, I was back in Austin, Texas again. Although, it’s been for an unfortunate circumstance, it’s nice to see so much of my parents. Since I’ve moved away for college in 2004, I would only be back in the area twice a year-ish.
…best news EVER.
2. Barton Creek Greenbelt — I think my love for hiking plus swimming started at the Greenbelt. It’s a lush and green area deep in the middle of Austin that has amazing swimming holes. You can take your bike, pup, and friends.
3. The Heat — Yes, I miss the 100 degree weather. I miss practically perfect weather all-year round. 70 degree winters, yes please. After battling through snow storm after snow storm in the Northeast, I think I’ve given it a good go.
5. Cost of Living — I can’t deny that I miss no-state-income-tax! Also, I’m sure I can get more out of $2K than a 500 sq-ft apartment. Let’s face it, I would rather pay $.25 cents less a gallon than more…. I also think this is one major reason people are flocking to the great city.
6. Salsa on EVERYTHING — Eggs, rice, beef, chicken, and whatever else you can think of…it’s the choice condiment for Texans — or hot sauce…ok, salsa and hot sauce.
7. The sheer amount of relatively affordable things to do. Get your dinner and movie on at the Alamo Drafthouse…get your run on at Lake Austin…get your mini golf on at Peter Pan Putt Putt…live music, it’s everywhere. There is always something to do!